HE-VAN High-Efficiency Variable Arc Spray Nozzles
Rain Bird HE-VAN nozzles offer even coverage throughout the spray pattern, delivering a healthy, beautiful landscape. Gentle close‑in watering eliminates dry spots around the spray head. HE-VAN nozzles also generate large wind-resistant water droplets that prevent misting and airborne evaporation, so the right amount of water is delivered to the right place.
The high efficiency of the HE-VAN nozzle allows you to shorten your sprinkler run times by up to 35%, saving you water and money. Even coverage makes them the perfect choice for homeowners looking to conserve water while maintaining a healthy beautiful landscape.
Now available in popular 8', 10', 12’, and 15’ radii, HE-VAN nozzles also offer matched precipitation with Rain Bird® MPR and U-Series nozzles.
- HE-VAN’s even coverage allows you to shorten run times by up to 35%, saving you water and money, while still maintaining a healthy lawn. HE-VAN has more than a 40 percent even-coverage improvement over existing variable arc nozzles.
- HE-VAN nozzles have a unique stream pattern, designed for superior coverage and wind resistance. Low-trajectory spray and large water droplets prevent misting and airborne evaporation so the right amount of water is delivered to the right place. Gentle close-in watering eliminates dry spots around the spray head
- HE-VAN nozzles throw to the exact specified radius, delivering the cleanest edge of any VAN on the market today.
- Reduced zone run times, compared to competitive nozzles, help stay within tight watering windows, conserve water, and save money
- With full adjustability from 0° to 360°, you'll be able to efficiently water landscapes of all shapes, while saving time and stocking fewer nozzles
- Matched precipitation rates allow you to install Rain Bird HE-VAN, MPR, and U-Series nozzles on the same zone
- HE-VAN nozzles have a tactile click to keep the arc setting from drifting over time
- Three-year trade warranty
- Rain Bird HE-VAN Nozzles deliver an average DULQ of 70%, more than a 40% improvement over typical variable arc spray nozzles.
- Rain Bird HE-VAN Nozzles deliver a SC less than or equal to 1.6, which is 35% lower than the typical variable arc spray nozzle.
Distribution Uniformity (DULQ): DU in irrigation is a measure of how uniformly water is applied to the area being watered. DULQ is calculated by taking the volume in the lowest quarter of catch can measurements and dividing it by the average volume of all catch can measurements. Scheduling Coefficient (SC): SC is a measure of how long a zone must be run in order to provide adequate water to the driest spot.
- Spacing: 6 to 15 feet (1.8 to 4.6 m)¹
- Pressure: 15 to 30 psi (1.0 to 2.1 bar)
- Optimum pressure: 30 psi (2.1 bar)²
¹ These ranges are based on proper pressure at nozzle.
² Rain Bird recommends using 1800/RD1800 PRS Spray Bodies to maintain optimum nozzle performance in higher pressure situations.
- HE-VAN-8: 6 to 8 feet (1.8 m to 2.4 m)
- HE-VAN-10: 8 to 10 feet (2.4 m to 3.0 m)
- HE-VAN-12: 10 to 12 feet (3.0 m to 3.7 m)
- HE-VAN-15: 12 to 15 feet (3.7 m to 4.6 m)