Maxicom²® Cluster Control Units (CCU) serve as an interface between the central controller and field satellites (ESP-MC-SAT Series) on the Maxicom2® system. The CCU acts as the system's “computer-in-the-field,” allowing control of hundreds of sites from one Central Controller.
Schedules are automatically downloaded from the Central Controller to the Cluster Control Unit at a user-entered time. Commands are then sent from the CCU to the appropriate field satellites to control irrigation throughout the irrigation day.
The CCU monitors site conditions constantly and takes action as needed; managing flow demand, pausing or canceling irrigation in the event of rain, etc., or locating and isolating the causes of excessive flow (broken heads or piping breaks). Irrigation data and information (flow logs, alarms, actions taken, etc.) are automatically uploaded to the Central Controller at a user entered time, usually after the irrigation cycle is complete.
The CCU can monitor, communicate to, and manage as many as 28 ESP-Satellite controllers or other field devices via a two-wire (hardwire), wireless radio or Ethernet communications method.
- Runs real-time operations of a site consisting of up to 28 satellites
- Adapts station sequence to changing conditions for maximum efficiency
- Instantly responds to unexpected conditions and sensor inputs
- Wall mount: drawn steel, seamless, locking, weatherproof cabinets.
- Pedestal: brushed stainless steel with removable front panel.
Computer Data Path (Computer to CCU)
- Telephone modem via dial-tone telephone lines.
- 900 Mhz spread spectrum radios
- Direct connection (serial cable or short haul modems).
- Fiber optic cable modem.
- Wired and wireless (WiFi) Ethernet device servers..
Satellite Data Path (CCU to Satellite)
- Two-wire path (1500 ohm loop resistance).
- MAXILink™ wireless radio path (max 4 watt EIRP)
*wired Ethernet Device Servers
- Input required: 120 VAC+/-10% @ 0.6A,
60Hz or 220/240 VAC+/-10% @
- Output: 26.5 VAC, 60Hz or 50 Hz, .5A
- Circuit breaker: NA (Auto-resettable)
- Poly switch: .65A open (steady state), 1.3A open (surge)
- Single-point grounding bus bar
- Powder-Coated Wall Mount
Width: 11 5/16" (28,7 cm)
Height:11 1/2" (29,2 cm)
Depth: 6 1/2" (16,5 cm)
- Stainless Steel Pedestal
Width: 11 1/2" (29,2 cm)
Height: 30" (76,2 cm)
Depth: 11 1/2" (29,2 cm)