The Rain Bird Rainfall Gauge customizes the weather data gathering features of Maxicom by providing site-specific rainfall measurements. The central controller retrieves this information daily, adjusting station runtimes using the site-specific weather data.
The Rainfall Gauge may be used to automatically interrupt Maxicom2 during an irrigation cycle if it starts to rain. If enough rainfall occurs, further irrigation will be cancelled. If only a small amount of rainfall occurs, irrigation will resume, adjusting runtimes for the amount of rainfall that occurred.
- Identifies localized rainfall and adjusts system operation accordingly.
- Watering cycle can be interrupted or cancelled when rainfall commences.
- Provides site specific rainfall measurements in increments of 0.01" (.025 cm).
- Heavy-duty construction, with a gold anodized aluminum collector funnel and white baked enamel coated aluminum sensor housing.
- Filter screen for capturing debris.
- Integrates into the Maxicom2 system using the Rain Bird pulse decoder for two-wire CCU systems, or directly to the sensor input on ESP-Site and MAXILink satellite controllers.
- Three-year trade warranty.
- Resolution: 0.01" (.025 cm)
- Accuracy: 1.0% at 1" (2.5 cm)/hour or less
- Average switch closure time: 135 ms
- Maximum bounce settling time: .75 ms
- Maximum switch rating: 30 VDC @ 2 A, 115 VAC @ 1A
- Temperature limits: +32° F to +125° F (0° C to +52° C)
- Humidity limits: 0 – 100%
- Height: 4.5" (11,4 cm)
- Weight: 1.5 pounds (0,68 Kg)
- Receiving orifice diameter: 3.80" (9,7 cm)
- Cable: 60 feet (18 meters)