The FREEDOM System™
Mobile Controller for Golf Irrigation
Rain Bird’s® FREEDOM™ System
makes remote control of your irrigation system easier than ever! The
FREEDOM System allows real-time operation of your central control from anywhere on the course.
The FREEDOM handheld provides reliable, two-way communication
with your Rain Bird system. Use it to choose from command-based
or schedule-based operations, making irrigation adjustments a snap.
Either way, The FREEDOM System puts you in control of your irrigation
management system wherever you are.
System Features and Benefits
- Two-way Communication with Rain Bird Centrals. Audio response at
radio indicates command received by central.
- Station- and Program-based Commands. Provides the flexibility to turn
ON or OFF any station or an entire area with the click of a few buttons.
- FREEDOM -based Commands Recorded at Central. Irrigation activity
logged at the central whether stations turned ON with FREEDOM System
or with central.
- Optional Flo-Manager® Bypass. Permits FREEDOM user to bypass
- Optional Operating Window. Allows user to define FREEDOM usage
hours, which helps superintendents to control irrigation activity.
- Two-way Voice Communication
Radio Features and Benefits
Weather Resistant and Reliable. The TK 3180 handheld radio is built to
survive the drops, hard-knocks and weather environments of its users. The
TK 3180 meets or exceeds the demanding MIL-STD “driven rain” standard,
which guarantees water-resistant performance even in wet weather.
- LCD Display. The backlit, high-resolution dot matrix 12-character display
furnishes the user with a simple easy-to-read interface.
- High Quality Audio Output. Equipped with an extra‑large 1.58-inch
speaker that delivers a half‑watt of audio power for robust clarity.
- Extra-Long Battery Life. 1100 mAh batteries deliver more than nine (9)
hours of operating time on a single charge (5-5-90 duty).
- Wide/Narrow Channel Bandwidth. Each
channel can be programmed for wide or
narrow bandwidth operation.
- Radio Warranty. One-year warranty.
- MIL- STD 810 C/D/E/F Environmental Tests. Meets
or exceeds the stringent IP/54/55 dust and water
intrusion standards and a full range of tough
MIL-STD 810 C, D, E and F environmental standards
in categories such as vibration, shock, dust,
humidity, rain, temperature, solar radiation
and atmospheric pressure.
- Frequency: 450 – 470 MHz (Narrowband)
Note: Site survey and license required.
- 100 V/110 V: 60 Hz
- 230 V: 50/60 Hz