Underground Hose Reels
Rain Bird’s Underground Hose Reel is the best solution
to accessing greens. The Underground Hose Reel
makes syringing greens economical and efficient
while cutting down on turf wear.
Hand-watering greens allows for a more direct and
targeted application of water, especially during times of
extreme heat or dry conditions.
An Underground Hose
Reel leads to less interruption for golfers and maintains the course’s professional appearance. Grounds crews
can move between greens without dragging a hose,
which saves time, reduces employee fatigue and most
importantly cuts down on turf wear.
The Underground Hose Reel is easy to install, use and
maintain. Three hose lengths (50, 75 or 100 feet) allow
enough flexibility for watering or syringing any green.
Hose reels let you put the hose where you
need it, when you need it — improves efficiency and
Tests prove hoses that are properly stored
on a reel will last five (5) to seven (7) times longer;
reduces downtime and replacement costs.
Hose reels make handling easier and
more comfortable for workers over the course of a
long day. Provides low hose tension during pullout
and controlled return speed.
Hose reels keep hose out of the way when
not in use. Eliminates tripping and safety problems.
- Enhanced ability to preserve the conditions of
golf courses by reducing course wear and tear,
and turf damage from driving carts and dragging
hoses across the playing surface.
- Less interruption and inconvenience for golfers.
- More professional look for golf courses; makes the
course more playable by being less obtrusive than
hoses left next to a fairway or near a green.
- Maximizes labor efficiency by making the job of
watering greens easier and less burdensome for
greenskeepers. It saves time, reduces employee
fatigue and takes the monotony out of the job.
- Hand watering complements sprinkler watering
and will provide a targeted water distribution to
the green. Efficiently manage, preserve and protect
the green from extreme exposures.
- Provides the resources to react timely in urgent
situations such as extreme heat stress, dry conditions
and possible hydraulic oil leaks.
- Irrigation system can be pressurized to act as a blower
for leaves and other debris on greens: this will save
time and allow for a much more effective mowing
process (system must be hooked-up to a compressor
and the water blown out).
- 6" Diameter Cover: Provides quick access to water
hose, yet nearly out‑of‑sight. Hose reel and
enclosures sit just nine inches below grade level.
- Brass Ball Valve: Allows system to remain fully
charged for quick on/off water flow.
- Bumper-Stop and Roller: Bumper-stop maintains
proper length of hose in riser.
- High Quality PVC Hose: Industrial grade PVC hose
is specially blended for irrigation use.
- Drainage Opening: The housing is open at the bottom
to allow for drainage.
- Anti-Jump Brackets: Anti-jump arms prevent the hose
from slipping off the reel. Rollers insure smooth
pulling action while guiding the hose onto the reel.
- Corrosion-Resistant: Individual components are
powder‑coated, stainless steel or aluminum to
handle adverse conditions. Corrosion-resistant,
stainless steel drive spring ensures long life.
- Two-Piece Reel Enclosure: Rugged, high density
polyethylene housing unit provides long-lasting
- Ratchet Lock: A locking mechanism engages
every three feet to maintain desired hose length
- Stainless Steel Cover: Corrosion-resistant cover allows
quick and easy access to reel for maintenance.
- Spring Retractable Hose Reel Includes: Hose
with 1" (2.5 cm) or ¾" (1.9 cm) male hose thread,
5' (1.5 m) inlet hose with NPTF swivel fitting
connection and latch ratchet.
- Specially Designed Hose: Can remain pressurized at a
normal operating pressure of 125 psi.