MPS-2 Dielectric Water Potential
Rain Bird® ClimateMinder™ System Sensors
The MPS-2 Maintenance-Free Water Potential and Temperature Sensor measures a wide range of soil water potentials (-10 to -500 kPa) without user maintenance and factory calibration.
This sensor is best for:
- Deficit irrigation monitoring and control.
- Water potential monitoring in the vadose zone.
- Crop stress.
- Waste water drainage studies.
- Plant water availability.
- Soil Water Potential: ± 25% of reading from -10 kPa to -100 kPa, see user manual for more details on accuracy
- Soil Temperature: ± 1°C
- Soil Water Potential: 0.1 kPa
- Soil Temperature: 0.1°C
- Soil Water Potential: -10 to -500 kPa (pF 2.01 to pF 3.71)
- Soil Temperature: -40° to 60°C*
- SENSOR TYPE: Frequency domain with calibrated ceramic discs, thermistor
- OPERATING ENVIRONMENT: -40° to 60°C
Return to ClimateMinder Sensors Index